Our focus on evaluation and quality improvement from the start drives how we facilitate the implementation of our programs over time.
First, we identify the right programs:
- Meet with local leaders throughout the state to ascertain service needs
- Focus on programs predominantly serving low-income children (ages 0-8) and their families
- Identify programs that have been rigorously researched, demonstrate cost savings, and have a well-defined model for replication
Next, we introduce these proven programs into Colorado communities:
- Engage diverse stakeholders
- Build (or work with existing) coalitions for support and oversight
Then, we implement the programs through collaboration with agency partners and community leaders:
- Secure funding at the local, state, and federal levels, through public and private sources
- Provide training, technical assistance and ongoing professional development
Lastly, we ensure each program’s ongoing success and sustainability:
- Strict adherence to guidelines of delivery and quality improvement
- Measurement of outcomes
- Ongoing evaluation for fidelity, accountability, and sustainability
Please check out the results specific to each Invest in Kids program.